It is incredibly hard to trace the origin of music. In fact, music as we know it today went through several transformations, both great and small, over the years. However, at every point, there have always been some genres of music that were incredibly popular, and took most of the world by storm. Listed below are some of the most popular music styles the world has seen, heard, and loved so far.
Five of the most popular genres of music in the world are –
1) Rock music – Perhaps the most influencing genre of music, rock, also known as rock and roll, has left a mark in almost every artist’s record. Rock music was an offshoot of the original classical melody. However, it is centered on the electric guitar. Rock itself has several sub-variations, such as classical rock, hard rock, indie rock and many more.
2) Pop music – Pop music is an abbreviated version of the term ‘popular music.’ Pop music was born in the 1950s, and was more like a modified extension of rock and roll. Live performances became popular, and with time, pop music has also begun to encourage rhythm, beats, and dancing. This genre was made internationally popular by artists like Madonna and Michael Jackson.
3) Electronic Dance Music – With the burst of clubs and discos, electronic dance theme, promoted everywhere as EDM, became an instant hit. Disc jockeys everywhere began to experiment with dance music, and the trend of remixing popular songs to make them suitable for club dancing, and using synthetic instruments became a hot trend.
4) Country music – True to its name, this form of music traces its origin to Southern USA, way back in the 1920s. Country music includes ballads, dance tunes, and sing-song tales accompanied by stringed instruments such as guitars, harmonicas, and fiddles. With time, lighter beats have also begun to become a part of this music. The pieces backed by country music general have a calming effect.
5) Jazz music – Jazz music dates back to the nineteenth century, and has an African American origin. Interestingly, it grew simultaneously in various parts of America. The common undercurrent to these various places of origin of Jazz music was their characteristic property of being performance oriented. Over the following century, Jazz melody went through several transformations, and has finally become the Jazz theme that we know and love today. It is one of the important things to remember for everyone
Nadel Paris is a recording artist, musician, music producer, songwriter, dancer, published author, screenwriter, and her music is a mix between different styles: Dance, EDM, Pop, Urban …etc.For year Nadel and her staff have been the driving factor towards personal growth for children.